Please consider donating to our 2023-2024 Annual Appeal!
You can give in one of three ways:
- Provide your name, address, home phone and email along with your check to our address below.
- Bring your payment to a meeting (when the pandemic ends!)
- To pay by credit or debit card, use PayPal:
In times of uncertainty, there’s a fundamental truth that gives us hope – that together we can do extraordinary things. Whether that’s through donations to community organizations or assisting neighbors with everyday tasks, generosity has a positive impact on the world. Acts of kindness and compassion are driving forces in overcoming our shared challenges and fostering a sense of global unity.
Our PFLAG Chapter is participating in GivingTuesday today, the global day of unity and giving. For fifty years, PFLAG has been a place where LGBTQ+ people, families, and allies have come together in pursuit of justice and affirmation.
The past year has demonstrated beyond a doubt that there is still a need for PFLAG - for LGBTQ+ people, families, and allies to work together for equality and lead with love.
We can’t do this without you! With more and more families turning to PFLAG during a time of unprecedented attacks on LGBTQ+ youth in our schools, I hope you will consider a donation to PFLAG before the end of the year. Your gift will:
- Ensure people can connect and get involved! Our office space at the Equality Community Center (ECC) allows us to meet up with volunteers and share resources with local allies. Financial gifts help support PFLAG's monthly fee to use the space.
- Continue expanding our reach and impact! We're invested in ensuring that anyone who needs PFLAG can find PFLAG. Moving to a new digital email marketing and event platform has allowed our board volunteers to connect with even more folks this year, more efficiently! ($13 a month, well-invested!)
- Allow PFLAG to gather people together. We continue to greet new attendees to our online support meetings each month while enjoying drop-in visits from familiar friends and allies. PFLAG also participated in three in-person events during 2023 (with consideration for others in 2024):
- We had an amazing time at a very wet Pride! Portland event in June… thanks to PFLAG National for the new banner and logo as part of a nationwide rebranding in 2023!!
- PFLAG held its Annual Family Picnic on September 9 at Bradbury Mountain State Park in Pownal. We grilled, we gamed, and enjoyed great food and company!
- More than 50 people attended PFLAG and MTN's TDOR event on November 19 @ the ECC. Additional viewers watched via PFLAG's Facebook livestream.
Thank you for being a part of the PFLAG Portland, Maine team. Together we can build on a foundation of loving families united with LGBTQ people and allies who support one another. With your support, we will continue to educate ourselves and our communities to speak up as advocates until all hearts and minds respect, value and affirm LGBTQ+ people.
With our very best,
PFLAG Portland Maine
Sarah, Rebecca, Michael, Bill, Susan, Cate, Andrew & Stacie
Join or renew your PFLAG membership with a gift of $30 and receive a 1 year subscription to the PFLAG National e-newsletter and our local chapter updates. If you can, please consider making an additional donation of $25, $50, or $100 over the $30 membership amount to support our 100% volunteer-based programming.
Thank you for your support!